Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fancy Feathers


Hi!! It's a new challenge over at Fussy and Fancy and for the next two weeks we want to see zippers or feathers. I purchased the Sweet Pea stamp a couple of weeks ago and right away knew I wanted to color her in monotone colors and make her eyes just come out at you. Well after inking her up and coloring her in W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9 she just waited....


Everything just fell into place all at once, this great challenge, the ribbon, the feathers and the bling. I have to say this one is one of my favorites. About my ribbon, I got it at our local craft store. I have been playing with making all kinds of flowers, the ribbon is folding in half and stitched and gathered. This one was just perfect for this card with it's button from Tim Holtz.




This card almost didn't make it. Apparently my sweet but crazy cat Percy loves the feathers! The first time I laid out the card, he ran off with the flower, when I finally started putting it all together he ran off with the card! I usually display my cards on my bookcase for a little while this one has to go behind the curio glass.


Come join us over at Fussy and Fancy. Come take a look at the unique ideas for your zippers and feathers.


Challenges:


Crafts and Me: Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesdays: Open
One Stop Craft: Plenty of Bling
Totally Gorguss: Button it
Do you Stack Up?: Shine On


Thanks for stopping by,


Lisette

11 comments:

  1. wow this is really beautiful just adore that image and that flower is lush,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the colors and the image is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Love that flower and the feather. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card Lisette, great and gorgeous I love the monochrome colours, fantastic
    and I have cats like yours, they nick my flowers or feathers, try to lie down on my project or walk in front of the camera just as I push the button (you can see a photo on my blog with a cat in front of it)
    thnaks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one mysterious looking lady - love that bow with the embellishment in the middle. Beautiful and creative Lisette!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pro :) this card is really "Fussy and Fancy" the should make a header for their blog with it hahahha just precious <3
    I miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Love the feather and the swirls. Fabby image too. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh beautiful! Love that flower! Thank you for joining us this week at Do You Stack Up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the feather! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is wonderful - love the colours and swirls

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love how you embellished it, especially the feather and the bling! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...